A student who satisfies all of the following criteria is eligible to apply:
* Only citizens of a country other than India can apply.
* Candidate should have passed qualifying examination (Grade 12) with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with adequate proficiency in English conducted by the country's Board of Higher/ Senior Secondary Education, including those in India, or its equivalent examination such as the “A” levels (conducted by Cambridge International), the International Baccalaureate, etc.
* Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks (or 7.5 grade on 10-point scale), in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the above examination.
* Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10-point scale) in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the above examination.
* Candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 1160 (out of maximum of 1600) in SAT (new format) and also a minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level 2.
* Scores of candidates who had written SAT as per the old format will be mapped using concordance tables available from College Board (USA).
* The candidate should have written the SAT and SAT subject tests not earlier than February 1, 2016.
Candidates who do not have any of the following marks/scores at the time of applying, can submit the application:
They MUST submit the SAT score/qualifying examination result as early as possible, but NOT later than the dates given below:
Qualifying examination (Grade 12) marks should be uploaded on the website by 15th June, 2018 if results are announced by then.
If a candidate fails to furnish any of these by the specified date or fails to meet the eligibility criteria (i.e. secures less than specified minimum in Class 12 (only) and/ or SAT test and thus becomes ineligible), his/ her admission would stand cancelled. Details of Refund Policy will be announced at the time of making admission offers.
Candidates for whom one or both of the above qualifying scores are not available at the time of making admission, would be considered and may be offered ‘provisional admission’ based on their SAT Subject test’s score.
The "provisional admission" would be confirmed after the missing score/s is/are received, found to meet the stipulated eligibility requirements, and all other stipulated admission requirements are complete.
Candidates who do not have SAT Subject Test scores (or yet to take the SAT Subject Tests) should provide SAT Subject Test scores by March 25, 2018 to be included in the merit list.